Wednesday

Rye Recreation Park in Rye, NY

Received Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Good Nanny Sighting I saw your nanny I saw an awesome nanny today, (Tues. 9/16) and I wanted to tell you all about her. She was taking care of 2 or possibly 3 girls. The third girl may have belonged to another mother or nanny. She was smiling and involved with the girls. She made them laugh, she chased them through the park. She took them on an adventure walk. I don't know what that was but I heard them ask, "now, can we do our adventure walk" and the nanny took them off in a different direction and then returned about 20 minutes later skipping with the girls. When I left the nanny was playing catch with the girls but a game of catch where you had to continue counting or continue the ABC's when you caught the ball. One person would say a-b-c-d-e-f and throw the ball and the next person had to say g-h-i and keep going until she caught the ball. I applaud her spirit. She was fun but still about teaching the children. What I noticed with this nanny and what I notice most of the time with attentive parents or nannies is that the children are always well behaved and polite. The nanny was African American, without an accent. She was average weight and height with dark hair on the bottom and lighter curled hair on top. She looked to be about 30 years old and was wearing a button up floral shirt and brown pants and white Keds. The girls were all white. The two that I am sure were hers both had dark, dark hair and light skin and blue or green eyes. These two were twins or very close in age, between 3-4. The littlest one had on grey and yellow sweat pants and tennis shoes with a grey sweatshirt and the one that looked older had on blue jeans with pink patches and a white and red shirt. The little girl that could have been with them had reddish hair, freckles and her hair was cut very straight and blunt. She was wearing a green dress with pockets and black pants or leggings underneath and Nike tennis shoes. They did not drive, but walked to the park so they must live within walking distance. If this is your nanny, you are so fortunate. Treasure her!

5 comments:

kathleencares said...

She sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Great sighting OP!

I LOVE the idea of Alphabet or counting catch!

UNIDAD said...

YAY for great nannies! Thanks for posting, OP. I sincerely hope the parents of these happy girls read this and know what a wonderful caregiver they have.

Anonymous said...

why do all the good nanny sightings involve chasing the kids? i am a good nanny and i don't chase the kids. why don't the sweet, quiet, attentive nannies like me ever reported?

Nardeeisms said...

This post had me smiling. I love a good report. This one was wonderful! - Nards