Saturday

The Broken Foot

I don't know what to do. I hired a nanny seven months ago, She has been great. We have a 10 months old and a four year old. Honest to God, on Friday night when she left, I actually breathed a sigh of relief thinking everything is just as it should be. The nanny called me this morning at ten and told me that last night she broke her foot. She told me she doesn't want to inconvenience us or ask for a break but she doesn't know if she can do the job with a broken foot. I am thinking of how we can make this work. She walks our 4 year old to school and back and to dance class. There are a lot of park outings and things like that. We live on the second floor of five floor walk up. (No elevator). Any tips or ideas of how I could make this work? I could probably shell out an additional $300 a week for the next six weeks for someone to help, but how to find and utilize that person?  -Chelsea- NYC

Need help or guidance? Email isynblog@gmail.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I had to have surgery; my family first let me take two weeks because I couldn't lift anything. After I came back; my mom came for a few days to help with lifting, then boss' mom came to help. You can have family help or hire someone until she can recover. She will need a few weeks to get back up on her foot.

Angi said...

A broken foot is not that serious. Many parents who cant afford a nanny have managed. Yeah, its a pain in the ass and things will take longer but yall can do it. She just needs to start her events earlier. A helper would be nice but personally, Id do it on my own.

Angi said...

A broken foot is not that serious. Many parents who cant afford a nanny have managed. Yeah, its a pain in the ass and things will take longer but yall can do it. She just needs to start her events earlier. A helper would be nice but personally, Id do it on my own.